Balancing Acts

"I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone"
-Ali Javan-

I think this quotes sums up how everyone feels or wish to be. To be able to hold a place of importance to someone's heart is an extremely special thing because it shows we're appreciated. I was chatting with an old friend of mine the other day about being grateful and this friend of mine was lamenting about how he feels he is being taken for granted. These past few days I have gone through a wild emotional roller coaster ride. It has been a long time since I have held a position, one where I have to be responsible for everyone's welfare. I am not complaining about the added responsibility of being a course rep but sometimes the job makes me feel unappreciated. I believe it is a fact that most of us who are born and educated in the eastern way find difficulties in showing our feelings. I must admit that up until this point I have never let my brother know that I care for him, that I think he is a talented person. I have never say "I love you" outright to my mother. To me, emotional outburst can be embarrassing because that has been how I am ever since I was a kid. I am not sure whether if this applies to you as well, but when was the last time you let someone know you appreciate them for who they are? I am a person that believes action speaks louder than words but at the same time I am also a painfully clueless person when it comes to someone's emotions. Which is why I would prefer it if they let me know what they feel about me; in actions and in words.


Nonetheless, saying and doing is a completely different thing. In order for someone to know, I need to show it first. Setting a good example is a stepping stone, is it not? I need to keep in mind that it is not an embarrassment to express my feelings. For that reason, I want to take this opportunity to let everyone know what I feel.


To you; thank you for being who you are. Thank you for being there for me when I am down in my crummy hole. Thank you for understanding even when I was taking out my temper on you, even when I was making life extremely difficult for you. Thank you for sharing the good times and the bad times with me. Thank you for being my source of inspiration. Thank you for being proud of me, for showing I am never alone. Thank you for all the lessons you have taught me, for the journey that we made together, for making my day a better one. Thank you for showing me I am a special person, for telling me to enjoy my life more. Thank you for keeping my feet firmly on the ground, for reminding me to never be too arrogant and be grateful for what I have.


You were the one who console me when I cried, the one that held me when I was confused and afraid. You were the one that made me laugh even when I was crying my eyes out. You were the one who shone the light in my path. All that you have done for me did not pass by unnoticed. It would be impossible for me to list out everything that you have done for me. I am grateful for having you by my side and I hope you will never give up on me just as I will never give up on you. Thank you for everything that you have done!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALOHA~ **\\(^O^)//**

Crazy Adventure is....

Still Cooking