Of Tooth, Beards and Chickens

The thing about growing up is that you gain knowledge with time. The formulae here would be time being proportionate to knowledge. I don't mean to complain but there are some things I wish I do not know. Some things that I wish had been left in the dark. Here are 3 major (to me, anyway) facts I wish I have no idea about. A bit of warning though. This is not for the faint-hearted.


3. The Tooth Fairy is a stinking cheater!!

 

When I was young I really believe in Tooth Fairies.  I read about how the kids living in the western countries get money by trading in their tooth so I figured hey, I have baby tooth falling out every now and then so why don't I give it a try. So, I went to bed with my baby tooth under the pillow and woke up feeling all excited because I was so sure I could earn at least one ringgit. Sad to say, when I looked under the pillow there were no coins and my tooth was missing! The darn tooth fairy stole my tooth and didn't even bother giving me the money! I still keep my baby teeth though. I store them inside a jar and simply look at them when I have nothing better to do. Yes, I am weird that way. And yes, it does look kind of disgusting.


2. Santa Claus in Malaysia



Surprise, surprise! Which kid did not grow up wishing they could get free presents on Christmas? I do not celebrate Christmas but the feeling of festivity always strikes me come December. I knew Santa do not exist ever since I was in kindergarten. The Santa that went around passing out sweets in my kindie years was an Indian Santa with a fake beard and no beer gut. How was I suppose to believe in that??The fact that there's no presents lying on the floor on Christmas Day just proves the point. Even so, I still wish I could actually feel what it is like to celebrate a real Christmas. One with turkeys and the works. It's a good enough reason to party. ^^ So...another story on the existence of mythical creatures shot to oblivion.


1. Chickens come from the supermarket all wrapped up nicely!

This is one fact that I really wish is true, even until today. You go to the kampungs, you see the chickens happily minding their own business, crossing the roads every single time and suddenly this large, fat woman swooped down on them and cut up their throats! Horror upon horror!! You know the meat you eat must have come from some living creature but you just sometimes wish it's not true. I can never see a chicken being killed in front of me because I will refuse to eat it after and I cry when I look at them being killed. I love animals, but I love meat too. So my becoming a vegetarian is close to impossible. I did try it a few times though but never truly succeed in being one.


I am pretty sure there are still alot of stuff I wish I hadn't know but I just can't think of them right now. Anyways, this aren't really truly shocking facts. So if I can think of anything else I'll be sure to add it in!

Again...the pictures do not belong to me. Grabbed them from Google. So there is no intention of copyright infringement or what ever.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALOHA~ **\\(^O^)//**

Crazy Adventure is....

Still Cooking